Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Whining as an Olympic event....

Whhhhhhyyyyy does everyone haaaaaaaaaaave to whiiiiiiiiine so much around here???? Seriously, they wake up in perfect whining form. If there were an Olympic event for whining, my kids would be fighting one another for gold. Seriously.

I used to consider myself a fairly patient and laid back person. I had fun at parties, could tell a funny joke, had a good sense of humor and was all around easy going. Cue the dramatic music. Then I had kids. A lot of kids. Whom I love. With all of my heart. So much it hurts sometimes. But, they also whine. ALOT.

Now, I am able to admit that when I was younger and less wise (and before I knew what the day in and day out of parenting REALLY looked like, not what they paint in books about crafting and tummy time and all peaches and cream), I used to wonder why these often overtired frumpy looking moms could not keep their kids quiet or tell them no and that be the end of the story.
Cue the dramatic music. Then I had kids. A lot of kids. Whom I love. With all of my heart. So much it hurts sometimes. But now I get it. It is hard, really hard, to be patient all of the time with little beings who can tweak your nerves in a way you never knew possible until you had them.

So, my kids whine and lately, I find myself whining back. Which makes me laugh a little inside because it is so stupid. I am trying to get my spawn to stop whining and here I am whining back at them. No parenting book would approve. No child psychologist would approve. And I know, no twenty something, size zero with a nose ring chick, would even remotely have a clue as to how hard this whole mommy thing really is. But one day she will learn....oh yes, indeed she will learn.

Dreaming of a whine free zone-
Mommy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment