Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Potty Pooper...or not

OK, so the little guy is now 4 and was only potty trained a few months prior to turning 4, but we were finally living in a house in which everyone peed and pooped in the potty....until Sunday. For some reason, he has regressed, he is on strike, he is plain old lazy---one thing is for sure, there have been far too many wet pants the past three days.

So, I am calling on you--oh medical experts, psychoanalysts, perfect parents, potty boot camp instructors, peers who poop in the pot, and so on and so forth. Please share your wisdom, come into my home, exorcise the demons, do what you must and I will turn my eyes. Please, bring us back to the crapper once and for all.

Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Can you put him back in a pull-up? Would he care? Is there some sort of major toy he wants that you can bribe him with? And then you can take it away if he has accidents (where you know he could have made the potty if he wanted to). Buy fruit loops to put in the potty and tell him he can aim at them, making it sort of a game til he gets back on track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest did this for a couple weeks. I asked the dr and her response was "boys are sometimes to busy to make it to the bathroom...they are sort of lazy that way". She advised that we reprimand him not for going in his pants, but for NOT going in the potty. sorry this response is overdue...I'm just catching up on your posts!! Hopefully the problem is gone by now!! I love the fruit loops idea!(brlab = Renay!)

    ReplyDelete