Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yes, I am a slacker

and have not been posting as often as I once envisioned. Allow me to elaborate on some of the reasons! Buckle up, some of these reasons are downright ugly, but don't worry, most are just funny! This is going to be a stream of consciousness type of post...here we go

Easter brunch--all in all, it went well for brunch with four small kids. But let me start by saying the restaurant first seated us literally two rooms away from the buffet. I understand they wanted to seclude us so to speak, but we also need to be near the food!!! I mean really, what were they thinking? Anyway, we asked and they moved us graciously. The food was good but I estimate that we got up to get food at least 30 times. Not kidding.

The amount of time spent plunging toilets, wiping asses, cleaning dirty underwear--disproportionate to the amount of time I spend on my own personal hygiene...and if you live near me and see me on a regular basis, I am sure you will agree.

Discipline--Disciplining children sucks and when you have to discipline several at once, but NOT all four, things can get quite hairy. Me no like. I hate the tactics I have come to use, but you gotta get them where it hurts, and in the case of my kids, it is the stuffies they snuggle at night. Needless to say, I see a lot of nights without those oh so special stuffies ahead. Granted, taking one away seems silly when they all have about a thousand on their beds, but they do have clear favorites, so I know what to take to make it hurt! The non-listening whiny behavior has got to stop. Oh yea, and the kids need to stop it too!

OK, this post is not really all that funny or entertaining I am realizing, so I will post and move on....gotta give my audience something.

No comments:

Post a Comment