Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Boogers and stuff

While on the phone with a friend (who is also a mom) the other day, I got to overhear the following conversation between her and her child, whom we will call Silly Girl to protect her boogery identity.



"Silly Girl-is that a booger on your finger?"

"Nope."

"Well, why don't you go get a tissue or a piece of toilet paper to wipe whatever it is off."

"Nope."

"well, what are you going to do with it?"

Silence

"Don't wipe it on me."

Silence

"did you just wipe it on the couch?"

Silence

"Did you wipe it on the rug?"

Silence

"what did you do with it?"

Silly Girl smiles...



Motherhood---glam-or-ous!



So, the other day, I took the kids to get their hairs cut. I had all four, but only two of them needed cuts this time. We got there and there was no wait, which was great. Ok, I thought, this will be quick and easy, and as soon as I had that thought, it was as if one of my children (who shall remain nameless) read my mind and decided to quickly turn my silly plan upside down in a hurry. When I say that the next 30 minutes were complete and utter torture, I am not exagerrating. Said child proceeded to scream (in the loudest and most obnoxious way possible) to the point that the women who worked at the place were starting to wonder if said child was possessed. Siad child then decided to touch everything and run around the place like a loon...throwing train tracks off the train table, opening bottles (yes, plural) of nail polish and spilling them, getting it on clothes, picking up a bottle of shampoo and then WALKING OUT THE DOOR of the place into the parking lot. I was watching said child so I watched the child do this and when he/she looked back, he/she knew I was less than pleased (read PISSED BEYOND BELIEF). All this because this child wanted a haircut too. I told this child that he/she could sit in the chair and get his/her hair sprayed and combed, etc too, but he/she freaked out more...wanted no part of that....UNTIL, we got in the car to leave and he/she realized that offer was off the table...



I love my children beyond belief, but this 30 minute time span was complete torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment