Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

SUMMER ROCKS!

I have not posted in a while and that is mainly because it is SUMMER! I love the summer. Summer is a no rules kind of time for me. Ice cream for lunch. SURE. Staying up late. NO PROBLEM. You all want to whine? Well, the answer for that is still NO. Sorry!

In all seriousness though, this has been a great summer thus far. There have been beach days, pool days, swimming lessons, camp, laze around the house days and of course, lots and lots of ice cream and popsicles.

As a kid, I remember going to the beach almost every day in the summer and we always stopped at our local Dairy Queen on the way home. The memories that a slushie from DQ or a soft serve with extra sprinkles can evoke for me are endless. I only hope that my kids will have similar and happy summer memories. Childhood seems to be getting shorter and shorter for kids and I want mine to get as many innocent and carefree days as they can. So, until summer is over, I plan to spend as much time outside making memories and smiles as much as possible. See you when its back to school time. And no, it is not all cherries and rose petals here, and I will be ready for the school bus come late August. But until then, I am signing off (unless something really blog worthy happens!)

Happy second half of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment