Welcome to my blog. I am just another regular mom, trying to get through each and every day with my four kids, all of whom happen to be twins. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, so this is not out of the ordinary, and no, I am not looking for a reality show. I like to tell my stories about parenting with sarcasm and a sense of humor. I love my children and at times they move me to tears, some of joy, some of sadness, some of utter and total frustration! Enjoy the ride!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Mommy

In a moment of stress with the kids yesterday, I snapped at Sean and then later, when we talked about it, I realized that what really bothers me is that everyone expects me, Mom, to always be healthy, happy, feeling great, in the mood, smiling and giving compliments, and so on. While I am these things plenty of the time, I am also human and need to express my stress just as everyone else does.
Sometimes the kids really piss me off. Do they mean to? I do not think so. But they still do. And sometimes Sean pisses me off. Does he mean to? Absolutely not. I know it is not intentional and I also know that I am not always a party to be around and I can piss him off as well. The thing is is that, as moms, somehow we have pigeon holed ourselves into this supermom persona. Quite honestly, I would like to be regular mom, not super mom. I would like to be the mom who yells sometimes, who has a headache sometimes, and who really does not feel like parenting sometimes. Oh, wait.... that IS who I am. And yet, it is not widely accepted. We are just supposed to grin and bear it. Well, I am just not a grin and bear it kind of gal. Just as my kids and Sean let me know when their needs are not being met, sometimes I need to do the same.....so, if you hear some loud yelling later on, be not afraid. It is just me, telling my kids, that I do NOT want to cook five different things for dinner and that no matter how much they whine about it, this supermom has taken off the cape and is back to being a regular run of the mill mom....one who does not have the patience, nor the skill, to cook five different meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment